Cost:FREE – $5.00 per person
About this experience
Built for the 1982 World’s Fair, the Sunsphere is a one-of-a-kind structure. The 4th Floor Observation Deck offers a breathtaking 360-degree view stretching from downtown to the Great Smoky Mountains including World’s Fair Park, the Tennessee River and the University of Tennessee Campus. A 1982 World’s Fair timeline, gallery, memorabilia and gift shop await you!
The Sunsphere Observation Deck is Closed on Mondays
The observation deck closes Tues-Sat from 1:30-2:30 for an employee meal break.
A FEW THINGS TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
• Meet at the base of the Sunsphere (Level 1) at your indicated reservation time.
• The 5th and 7th floors of the Sunsphere are occupied by private businesses.
• The 6th & 8th floors offer private event space. For rental information, visit sunsphereevents.com
• Please enjoy the splash pads and fountains, but please do not get on elevators wet or with towels.
• World’s Fair Park is Pet Friendly, but only service animals are allowed in the Sunsphere.
• Jumping on the elevator is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Fines of $1,500+ are enforced.
VALID FOR DATE AND TIME ON TICKET ONLY. NON TRANSFERABLE. NON REFUNDABLE. One ticket per person. No cancellations, refunds, rain checks or exchanges; will not be replaced if lost, stolen or unused. May not be copied or resold. Duplication will result in revocation without refund and ejection. Operating dates, hours, prices and policies subject to change without notice. Not valid during special or private events. Prices, policies, operating dates/hours are subject to change without notice. Only tickets obtained from Sunsphere Tickets or offices authorized by Sunsphere to sell/distribute tickets will be honored.
Visit Knoxville is the official Convention and Visitors Bureau for the City of Knoxville and Knox County. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, private company, our mission is to accelerate sustainable economic growth and development by increasing visitor and convention business to our community. Visit Knoxville is home to the VK Sports Commission, the VK Film Office and the downtown Visitors Center at 301 S. Gay Street. Visit Knoxville is proud to support community initiatives encompassing art and culture, history, entertainment and outdoor adventure to promote Knoxville regionally, nationally and internationally. As a nature-loving-advernture-seeking-artsy-kinda-town, Knoxville will surprise you.